Board Member Biographies
Mr. Matt PorterDirector
- Board Member – CADS Foundation
- Principal and Founder - Menlo Dental Transitions
Menlo Dental Transitions, Tempe, AZ
Principal and Founder – 2014 to Present
▪ Started Menlo Dental Transitions in 2014, with the partnership of Menlo Commercial Real Estate Group
▪ Successfully completed 30 dental practice transitions in 2016 in Arizona, ranging from $145,000-$2,100,000.
▪ Completed over 65 dental practice appraisals in 2016.
▪ Practices in the last 2 years have sold, on average, at 97% of original list price.
▪ Taught various CE courses, hosted on podcasts and featured as guest author in AZDA monthly magazine.
Shea Homes (Trilogy), Scottsdale, AZ
Director of Operations Manager – 2007 to 2014
▪ Supervised and managed all staffing decisions for a team of +/15 employees over 4 different departments and over 300 daily subcontractors.
▪ Oversaw and approved budgets, billings and cash flows in excess of $4 million per month.
▪ Managed the entire daily operations of construction, customer service, warranty, HOA turnover and HOA board decisions for multiple masterplan communities.
▪ Oversaw bidding and construction of $35+ million and $20+ million luxury clubhouses on schedule and 23% under budget.
▪ Managed sales department with responsibility for 14 salespersons and coordinators.
Element Homes, Phoenix, AZ
Project Manager – Operations –2004 to 2007
▪ Managed the concurrent development of 6 subdivisions from house plan design through completion
▪ Compiled, analyzed and awarded bids for vertical construction with a running value of over $90 million
▪ Renegotiated existing subcontracts with trade owners resulting in savings of $640,000 in costs on a single subdivision
Master of Business Administration (MBA), 2007
Arizona State University, W. P. Carey School of Business
▪ GPA of 3.6/4.0
▪ Top 10% of class
▪ Emphasis in Entrepreneurship
Bachelor of Science, Construction Management, 2004
Brigham Young University, Ira Fulton School of Engineering
▪ GPA of 3.6/4.0
▪ Top 10% of class
▪ Business Management minor
▪ President and Board Member, City of Peoria Municipal Development Authority, 2012-2016. Responsible for reviewing and approving secured or unsecured loans for the purpose of financing or refinancing the acquisition, construction, improvement or equipping of City-owned projects, with a running balance sheet of over $123 million
▪ Board Member, Town of Gilbert, Public Facilities Corporation Municipal Property Corporation, 2009-2011, 2016-current. Responsible for developing and recommending long-term financing programs to pay for new essential public buildings, with excess of $161 million in debt financing
▪ Vice President of HOA Board, Trilogy at Vistancia Community Association, 2012-present. Responsible for decisions on behalf of an HOA with 2100 homes and an annual budget of $6 million
▪ Vice Chair, Unsecured Creditor Committee, PFP Holdings/Trend Homes Bankruptcy, 2008. Represented interests of various parties totaling over $50 million in assets and claims
▪ Habitat for Humanity; Volunteer; 1998 -1999 Delaware; 2001-2004 Utah; 2007-2009 Arizona
▪ Boy Scouts of America; Leader and Volunteer (Former Eagle Scout); 1992-2013
▪ The Salvation Army; Volunteer; 2003 - present
▪ Town of Gilbert Builder’s Advisory Committee, HBACA; Committee Member; 2005 - 2007
▪ Town of Queen Creek Builder’s Advisory Committee, HBACA; Committee Member; 2005 - 2007
▪ Feed my Starving Children, 2012-present
SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS
▪ Completed The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People signature program
▪ Licensed real estate agent in the state of Arizona
CE & LECTURE EXPERIENCE
▪ AZDA Western Regional Dental Convention – 3 hour CE lecture, April 2015 “Buying and Selling a Dental Practice”
▪ Patterson Dental Expo – 3 hour CE lecture, August 2015 “The Life Cycle of a Dental Office: Start Up, Expansion and Transition”
▪ AZDA Western Regional Dental Convention – 3 hour CE lecture, April 2016 “Buying, Selling or Starting a Dental Practice”
▪ Show Low Study Club – 3 hour CE class, June 2016 “The Life Cycle of a Dental Office: Start Up, Expansion and Transition”
▪ Prescott Study Club – 3 hour CE class, Sept 2016 “The Life Cycle of a Dental Office: Start Up, Expansion and Transition”
▪ Published Article: “Mythbusters! Practice Sales and Transitions”, November 2015, AZDA Magazine Inscriptions (http://inscriptions.azda.org/2015nov/#28)
▪ Practice Transitions with Matt Porter : Dentistry Uncensored with Howard Farran on Dentaltown. (http://www.dentaltown.com/Dentaltown/Blogs.aspx?action=VIEWPOST&b=54&bp=5421)
▪ Dentist Money™, Industry Expert Series: Interview with Matt Porter, transition specialist and dental practice consultant at Menlo Dental Transitions (http://dentistadvisors.com/podcast/matt-porter-menlo