Board Member Biographies
Dr. John WachtelDirector
- Board Member – CADS Foundation
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists, Director
- Arizona Orthodontic Study Group
- Central Arizona Dental Society, President
- Scottsdale/Paradise Valley Dental Study Club, Past President
- Arizona Innovative Dental Study Group, Advisor
- American Dental Association
- Arizona Dental Association
I appreciate the people who come to us for care and treat each with the same respect, compassion, and empathy I’d provide a family member.
My goal, and that of Dr. Stieg and our team, is to provide patients with comfortable, efficient orthodontic experiences and deliver beautiful smiles they will enjoy for a lifetime.
- Bachelor of Arts in quantitative economics and decision sciences – University of California at San Diego
- Doctorate of Dental Medicine – University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine
- Certificate in orthodontics – Boston University
Continuing education is at the core of who I am as an orthodontist. The development of new technologies, methodologies, and products happens at a dizzying rate and it’s essential to assess the viability of each. Our patients deserve proven orthodontic treatment that is safe and comfortable, and delivers a beautiful smile.
Throughout the year I attend multiple local, regional, and national conferences, lectures, and seminars. Additionally, I participate in local dental study groups.
After growing up in San Diego, and completing my dental degree in Pennsylvania and orthodontic studies in Boston, I moved to Scottsdale to join Dr. Stieg in practice. This has been a great community in which to raise my four children: daughters Lauren, Annalise, and Tessa, and son, Andrew. My wife Tarianne and I couldn’t be happier to be here.