Board Member Biographies
Dr. Fred OlsenAdvisory Committee
- President Elect and founding member – CADS Foundation
- Past President, Central Arizona Dental Society (CADS)
- Delegate – American Dental Association & AZDA
- Washington Leadership Conference Board Member – Delta Dental of Arizona
- General Dentist Private practice – Phoenix, AZ
Dr. Olsen attended dental school and received his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from Ohio State University in 1983.
Dr. Olsen is credited with being the “father” of the Arizona Dental Mission of Mercy Program. When Fred served as CADS President, he was made aware of the program through the America’s Dentists Care Foundation (ADCF). Dr. Olsen implored his colleagues to go and visit a MOM in another state and bring back information to Arizona.
Dr. Olsen convened the first planning meetings for Arizona’s Mission of Mercy in 2010 and led the push to establish the CADS Foundation in 2011. Fred also played a key role in bringing the “powers that be” together to secure the current venue for the event – The Veteran’s Coliseum at the Arizona State Fairgrounds. It is safe to say that without Fred’s vision and leadership there is no way the CADS Foundation would be where it is today.